Parenting can be a struggle at any age no matter what the circumstances. The Ray County Women's Resource Center can help you consider a plan to parent. Make an appointment today to find out more.
We also know that there are no perfect circumstances and certainly no perfect parents. Our role is to encourage, educate and enhance resources to our clients in order for them to see their own situation clearly. This way, we are providing them with the tools necessary to make the best choices for the lives of both their child and themselves.
The Ray County Women's Resource Center helps clients who choose parenting to realistically evaluate their own circumstances and develop a plan to meet individual needs.
Should single parenting become too difficult, adoption is still an option. It takes courage to realize that by yourself, you cannot provide all that your child needs. Separating from the child with whom you have bonded can be difficult. We can help connect you with adoption agencies in our area that can help!
Client Advocates will help also with exploring housing options. There are safe and affordable places to consider such as:
- Living with a friend or relative
- Staying in a group home for single mothers
- Living with parents
- Finding an apartment in public or subsidized housing
The father's legal responsibilities however include providing financial support for your child. Most states have a child support agency that will withhold money from his paycheck if he is unwilling to support the child.
Things to Think About When Considering Parenting
- If I'm pregnant now, I am a Mom already.
- 5 years from now will I be proud of my decision?
- What would it mean for my future and my family's future if I had a child now?
- What about placing my child in a two-parent family adoption?
- Do I have the support of my family and friends? If so, what does that look like?
- Am I ready to accept responsibility for all my child's needs?