Before getting any type of abortion, you will need to verify that you are really pregnant. Even if you have pregnancy symptoms or have taken a test at home, it helps to have a medical quality pregnancy test to confirm. The Ray County Women's Resource Center offers free pregnancy tests that are more accurate than many over-the-counter varieties. And, if you have a positive test at the Ray County Women's Resource Center, you may qualify for free services to determine if you have a live, uterine pregnancy.
Things to think about if you are considering an abortion...
- If I am pregnant now, I am a Mom already.
- 5 years from now will I be proud of my decision?
- What would it mean for my future and my family's future if I had a child now?
- Have I considered placing my child for adoption to a two-parent family?
- Have I considered the long and short term consequences of having an abortion?
- How would I feel about telling my future spouse about my abortion?
- Who might be pressuring me to have an abortion and why?
- Who might be encouraging me to have an abortion and why?
- How do I feel about telling my parents about my plans for an abortion or how would I feel telling them afterwards?
The Ray County Pregnancy Resource Center can help you think through these question. Call us for an appointment today.